Arenson is seeking a Photography + Digital Marketing Assistant to join our team. The position will report to the Creative Services Manager + will be based out of our Prop Center at 396 Tenth Avenue in far-West Chelsea. This is a project-based position.
This position will support the Creative Services Manager with day-to-day activities and a wide range of projects / marketing programs. The person in this position is primarily responsible for assisting with the information that appears on our Prop House website and for developing and maintaining our product database. This position will also be responsible for assisting with architectural photo shoots for Arenson Office Furnishings, the Prop Center’s parent company. This position will require you to work with our internal IT staff, salespeople, marketing staff, designer clients and our IT system vendors.
- Work as a team member in obtaining furniture product photography.
- Assist with architectural photography of Arenson’s completed installations.
- Assist with high-volume product photography formatting and re-touching.
- Upload images and copy content onto the Arenson website content management system.
- Maintain and post content to websites. Contribute to Arenson Props’ Twitter and Facebook account.
- Provide back-up support to Props team members with front-of-house functions at the Prop Center, including greeting visitors and answering phones.
- Collaboratively contribute to Arenson as an “Agent of Cultural Change.”
- Assist with the corporate re-positioning of Arenson as a forward-thinking authority on matters of design and product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various team members.
- Help plan and execute events, including food and beverage, invitations, RSVPs, invoices and communications.
- Also, you should be flexible to attend company events.
- A Bachelor’s degree in photography or design from an accredited college or university.
- Must be comfortable working in a studio environment (setting up, breaking down, maintenance, etc.)
- Knowledge of Photoshop retouching is an absolute must. Product photography experience required.
- Architectural photography experience a plus.
- Understand Web-design conventions, research methodologies and best practices for maintaining Web content.
- Aptitude for website and database project management
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Knowledge of Profoto equipment a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Mac and PC friendly
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest in furniture props.
- Enjoys listening to music while working.
Arenson offers a competitive salary, great benefits including 401(k) with matching, and a congenial, flexible work environment. For consideration, please forward your resume, portfolio and cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com.
About Arenson Props
Arenson Props is one of the leading Props Houses in New York City and has been furnishing movie and television sets over the past 30 years. With 33,000 square feet of inventory in Manhattan Arenson Props provides/has provided furniture for Boardwalk Empire, The Good Wife, Special Victims Unit/Law and Order, Comedy Central, White Collar, Do No Harm, Pan Am, The Twilight Zone, Chronicle, Dream Dance, The Big C, Person of Interest, Smash, Finchley Dreams, 2-2, Georgetown, Bored to Death, Arbitrage, How to make it in America, Prime Suspect, Weekends at Bellvue, A Gifted Man, Girls, Royal Pains, Spring/Fall, Glee (NY Unit), Forty, The Amazing Spiderman, DaBrick, Broken City, Blue Bloods and Saturday Night Live, just to name a few.